Transmission fluid lubricates gears and moving parts found within the transmission of a car. It is sometimes used to cool the gearbox as well. The transmission fluid plays an important role in smooth operation of your Ford vehicle. Read below to learn a few important facts about transmission fluid changes and your ford powerstroke transmission.
· Refer to the vehicle owner’s manual to learn the frequency of fluid changes required by your car to keep it running smoothly. Adhere to this schedule and your vehicle will run smoothly longer.
· An automatic transmission requires fewer fluid changes than a manual transmission. However, this varies greatly from one manufacturer and model to the next. For vehicle owners generally change their transmission fluid once every 50,000 miles!
· A transmission flush once per year is a beneficial to your Ford vehicle. The flush keeps trash and debris out of the fluid, which maximizes its performance and efficiency.
· Preventative maintenance is the best way to keep the transmission in your vehicle running smoothly. Schedule service with a trusted mechanic in the area to prevent problems and keep your car running its best.
· Even before the time for a fluid change comes, you may experience problems that threaten the livelihood of the transmission. Make sure you inspect the unit on a regular basis to keep these problems at bay.
Your vehicle’s transmission is an important part of your car. In fact, along with the engine, it is one of the most important components. Without the transmission or a properly working transmission, your vehicle is nothing more than a hunk of junk. Keep the facts above in mind to prevent such issues. With these facts in mind, it is easy to maximize the usage and the lifetime of your vehicle.